Our Career Opportunities page lists current positions available at First Choice Neurology facilities throughout Florida.
Current Positions Available:
Occupational Therapist (OT) - Miami, FL
First Choice Neurology is looking for a Licensed Occupational Therapist at our Adult Outpatient Rehab Center in our Kendall location: 9090 Southwest 87th Court Miami, FL 33176.
First Choice Neurology is a medical group of Florida Neurologists, Neuropsychologists, Pain Management Physicians, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physicians, Nutrition and Wellness Physicians, Occupational and Physical Therapists, and Nurse Practitioners.
Our neurology group services patients with a variety of neurological conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, epilepsy, migraines, multiple sclerosis, neuromuscular disorders, Parkinson’s disease, sleep disorders, strokes, and more. First Choice Neurology has Research Centers, MRI Centers, Multiple Sclerosis Centers, Sleep Centers, Infusion Centers, Physical & Occupational Therapy Centers, Pain Management Center, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Center, and a Nutrition and Wellness Center.
• Outpatient Rehab
• Current, valid therapist license in Florida
• Driver's license and reliable transportation
• Secondary ID (social security is accepted)
• Great organization skills and ability to write detailed reports
• Occupational Therapist (OT) license issued by the state of Florida.
Contact: Patricia Pena Pasos by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Physician Assistant (PA) - Miami, FL
We are looking for someone with the desire to grow and expand their career in a fun and challenging specialty. The candidate must possess the willingness to learn, strong interpersonal skills, strive for ensuring excellent patient care and work well in a collaborative environment.
Neurology experience is welcomed but not necessary to apply. Extensive neurology training and oversight given directly by the supervising Neurologist. All applicants will be kept confidential. Please send a resume to be contacted for an interview.
The Physician Assistant (PA) will provide health care services to patients under the direction of a physician. PA's are academically and clinically trained to perform many of the routines but time-consuming tasks that physicians usually do and are accountable for their own actions and accountable to their supervising physicians.
Brief Description of Duties:
• Assist Physician in rendering patient care, patient education, and assisting in procedures.
• Examines patient, takes a medical history, records results, and makes preliminary diagnosis or decides on follow-up procedures.
• Collaborate with attending on patient care.
• Provide post-procedure care.
• Return Patient Calls in reference to questions on patient care, including questions on prescription, patient/discomfort, aftercare, and any inquiry regarding their care or the care of a family member.
• Provide assistance in attending clinic and be able to perform independent patient clinical sessions and record all documentation in the Electronic Medical Record.
• Provide assistance in clinics including assisting/rendering patient care, providing follow-up coverage.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Continuing education credits
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Flexible schedule
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Malpractice insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• Certified Nurse Practitioner (Preferred)
• Multiple locations
Job Type: Full-time
Contact: Lizzeth Carballo by email at email@example.com
Clinical Research Coordinator (Level I) - Miami, FL
(Effective October 2021 - URGENT HIRING)
Level I Clinical Research Coordinators perform multiple and varied tasks critical to the management of clinical research studies. Level I Clinical Research Coordinators learn all basic clinical research study activities and learn and apply all federal and other regulatory matters having an impact on those studies. Without Level I Clinical Research Coordinators’ efforts, knowledge, and expertise; success acquisition, maintenance, and completion of clinical research would not be possible.
Reports to: Clinical Research Director and Study Investigators
Classification: Exempt position
• Successful completion of formal/clinical training program(s), such as those required of registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, CNAs, emergency medical technicians, R.T., and certified medical assistants or equivalent job experience.
• No less than one year of clinical experience involving patient care in a healthcare environment.
• Ability to interpret, and perform if needed, clinical, laboratory, and diagnostic tests.
• Ability to function independently without close supervision, and to consistently exercise discretion and the highest level of good clinical and other professional judgment.
• Ability to quickly adapt to working in a wide variety of dynamic therapeutic areas of medicine.
• Ability to effectively devote keen and acute attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and perform multiple critical tasks simultaneously (under dynamic and ever-changing circumstances).
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong self-motivation skills and the ability to be a “self-starter,” coupled with the capability to work as a team player, as well as independently, while simultaneously managing a variety of clinical research study-related projects.
• Ability to meet and satisfy flexible, dynamic work schedules and be “on-call” if necessary.
• Successful completion of IATA training concerning the handling and shipping of hazardous goods and materials, followed by recertification every two years following initial certification.
• Ability to be ambulatory most of workday
• Ability to lift / transfer / carry a minimum of 25 pounds without difficulty
Level I Clinical Research Coordinators shall:
• Provide administrative support to the Clinical Research Director, Senior Coordinators, or to Study Investigators engaged in the performance of clinical research studies. Tasks required to fulfill this responsibility include interpretation of clinical, laboratory, and diagnostic tests; applying such interpretations to advise the Clinical Research Director and to Study Investigators concerning the management of clinical research studies.
• Design and maintain organizational tools to ensure that each clinical research study is conducted accurately and in compliance with good clinical practice guidelines.
• Communicate with clinical research sponsors, CROs, monitors, laboratories, and clinical personnel within the research industry to assist in the placement of specific trials and the implementation of clinical research studies.
• Research and apply all federal Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and guidelines applicable to clinical research studies to ensure compliance with federal law.
• Interpret clinical, laboratory, and diagnostic tests for each clinical research study to which a Study Coordinator is assigned. Such interpretations must be accurate and in compliance with research study protocol to maintain the integrity of the study.
• Coordinate and assume responsibility for initiating and maintaining clinical research studies.
• Know and comply with the Site’s employee handbook, standard operating procedures, and other policies, procedures, and regulations where applicable.
• Coordinate and supervise direct patient/study participant care associated with various clinical research studies. Tasks required to fulfill this responsibility include, but are not limited to recording adverse events, SAE’s; performing electrocardiograms, taking and interpreting vital signs; properly identifying and obtaining relevant laboratory specimens, receiving the results of laboratory tests associated therewith, and recording those tests; coordinating and assisting with physical examinations.
• Supervise and coordinate data entry personnel and events associated with clinical research studies to promote compliance with study protocols and ensure the safety and welfare of all patients/study participants.
• Interpretation and collection of medical data and information.
• Advise Study Investigators and physicians in protocols and procedures required for the successful implementation and completion of each clinical research study and monitor compliance with procedures and protocols.
• Recruit and screen potential patient/study participants’ compliance with each clinical research study protocol’s inclusion and exclusion criteria. To successfully satisfy this responsibility, Level I Clinical Research Coordinators must be wholly familiar with the protocols, procedures, and criteria associated with each clinical research study and accurately interpret and apply those protocols, procedures, and criteria. This responsibility also requires Level I Clinical Research Coordinators to obtain proper written informed consent from each potential study participant, prior to participation in the study.
• Identify all adverse experiences and hypothesize the cause or reason for such experiences, that occur in clinical research studies. Report such experiences and basis for the occurrence to principal investigators and/or sub-investigators. Successful completion of this responsibility requires Level I Clinical Research Coordinators to apply and interpret medical knowledge, data, events, and occurrences that may constitute and cause adverse experiences.
• Maintain accurate and complete case histories for each study participant that record and reflect all observations and data collected from those participants during clinical trials. Successful completion of this responsibility requires the exercise of independent judgment as to what information is relevant for inclusion in case histories.
• Advise and inform Study Investigators and Clinical Research Director concerning the preparation of documentation for each clinical study, reviewing and ensuring that all required documentation has been accurately and successfully completed. Successful completion of this responsibility requires the exercise of independent judgment whether case report forms are properly completed and those discrepancies are noted and fully explained for use of clinical experimental drugs and supplies.
• Effectively communicate with pharmaceutical company sponsors concerning all aspects of study activities. Successful completion of this responsibility requires the Clinical Research Coordinator to meet and discuss with monitors and other representatives the progress and results of clinical research studies.
• Utilize computer software applications to enhance workflow and study activity efficiency. Successful completion of this responsibility requires knowledge of the requirements of each clinical research study and exercising independent judgment to identify appropriate software applications.
• Travel and attend meetings and activities associated with clinical research studies, including, but not limited to, professional meetings to acquire additional specialized knowledge in the area pertaining to a clinical research study.
• Travel to and perform duties of the position at other Site locations when assigned or directed to do so.
• Medical office environment, specializing in Neurology. Direct contact with patients, staff, and physicians. Exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids, hazardous substances, and other conditions common to a clinic environment. Exposure to emergency situations.
• Ability to lift, push, manipulate equipment and patients which requires strength, gross motor, and fine motor coordination. Ability to administer prescribed treatments. Ability to perform CPR and venipuncture. Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $25.00 per hour
Contact: Savannah by email at SRodriguez@FCNeurology.net
Operator/ Medical Receptionist - Miami, FL
The medical receptionist/Operator will be responsible for the following daily tasks:
• Answering all incoming phone calls, texts, and inquiries
• Directing calls to the appropriate staff
• Greeting and checking in all clients
• Inputting demographic information into the scheduling EMR system
• Preparing any printed materials, packets for the office
• Obtaining all necessary patient information to the current Federal guidelines and Meaningful /use guidelines for electronic medical records.
• Obtaining patient authorization for medical records release (HIPAA compliance)
• Schedules many necessary appointments after completion of patients visits.
• Follows up with the client after visits
• Confirming and verifying next day visits
• Minor filing
• Monitoring and resolving minor issues and directing complaints to the correct staff member.
• Assist in receiving and stocking supplies if necessary
• Assist other Medical Receptionists and Manager when required
• Maintaining cleanliness of their work stations and office
Job Type: Full-time
• 8-hour shift
• Monday to Friday
• Weekend availability
All necessary precautions and PPE are available.
• High school or equivalent (Preferred)
• Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
• Medical terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
• Computer skills: 1 year (Preferred)
• Multiple locations
Work Location: Kendall, 33176.
Contact: Lizzeth by email at LCarballo@FCNeurology.net
First Choice Neurology is the largest neurology group in the United States. We have offices in Aventura, Boca Raton, Coconut Creek, Coral Gables, Coral Springs, Davie, Delray Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Hollywood, Loxahatchee, Margate, Miami, Miami Beach, Midtown Miami, Palm Beach Gardens, Palmetto Bay, Pembroke Pines, Plantation, Royal Palm Beach, South Miami, Tampa, and Weston. First Choice Neurology's corporate office is located in Medley. Our Florida adult and pediatric Neurologists specialize in Adult Neurology, ADHD, Alzheimer’s Disease, Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Concussion, Dementia, Dravet Syndrome, Epilepsy, Familial Amyloid Polyneuropathy, Headaches, Migraines, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuro-Ophthalmology, Parkinson’s Disease, Peripheral Vascular Disease, Stroke, Sleep Disorders, Spasticity, Traumatic Brain Injury, Neuromuscular Disorders, Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS), Electromyography, Neuropsychology, Neuroradiology, Occupational Therapy, Pediatric Neurology, Physical Therapy, Pain Management, Cannabis Medical Treatment, and Nutrition & Wellness.