Memory Cafe Resources
Memory Cafe Resources include links, blogs, publications, associations, and educational materials pertaining to dementia and Alzheimer's disease. The resources are great for memory patients, family members, friends, and caregivers.
In our medical library, you can learn about neurological conditions including causes, symptoms, diagnosis, treatments, and prevention.
Virtual Memory Care Library
Explore our online resource center devoted to increasing knowledge about Alzheimer's and other dementias.
Formed in 1980, the Alzheimer's Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer's care, support, and research.
Alzheimer’s Association Southeast Florida Chapter
The state of Florida has the second-highest incidence of Alzheimer’s. Within the 8 counties that comprise the Southeast Florida Chapter, the Florida Department of Elder Affairs estimates that in 2016 there were 170,567 people living with Alzheimer's disease. That means that 1 in every 38 people of all ages has Alzheimer’s disease in Florida. These numbers do not include the snowbirds who reside in the region during the winter months.
Alzheimer's Foundation of America
The mission of the Alzheimer's Foundation of America (AFA) is to provide support, services and education to individuals, families and caregivers affected by Alzheimer's disease and related dementias nationwide, and fund research for better treatment and a cure.
The Federal Government portal to information on Alzheimer's disease and related dementias care, research, and support.
Alzheimer's Research Forum
Alzheimer's Research Forum is primarily geared toward researchers, but persons with Alzheimer's and families may also benefit.
Memory Cafe Resources for Training and Education
Training and Education Center (English)
Alzheimer's Association Training and Education Center offer a number of Alzheimer's and dementia courses available online, 24 hours a day.
Training and Education Center (Spanish)
La Alzheimer’s Association ofrece varios cursos acerca del Alzheimer y la demencia en línea, las 24 horas del día.
- June is Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month
- Alzheimer’s Patients and Holiday Gatherings
- BAN2401 Study
- BAN2401 Study to Assess New Alzheimer’s Treatment
- Biogen Seeks FDA Approval for New Alzheimer’s Drug
Alzheimer's Association publications are organized by topics and developed in collaboration with Association subject matter experts, outside consultants, and other authoritative sources.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Beta-Amyloid Hypothesis
- Dementia-related Behaviors
- Diabetes and Cognitive Decline
- Frontotemporal Dementia
- Genetic Testing
- Huntington's Disease
- Korsakoff Syndrome
- Lewy Body Dementia
- Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Mixed Dementia
- Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
- Parent's Guide: Helping Children and Teens Understand Alzheimer’s Disease
- Parkinson's Disease Dementia
- Participating in Clinical Trials
- Principles for a Dignified Diagnosis
- Stages of Alzheimer's
- 10 Warning Signs
- 10 Warning Signs Worksheet
- 10 Ways to Help a Family Living with Alzheimer's
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Treatments for Alzheimer's Disease
- Understanding Alzheimer's Disease and Dementia
- Vascular Dementia
- What Do We Know About Preventing Alzheimer's Disease?
- Communicating with Doctors or Health Care Professionals
- Ten Tips for Living with Alzheimer's
- Living with Alzheimer's Disease: What You Need to Know to Live Your Best Life
- Living with Younger-Onset Alzheimer's: What You Need to Know to Prepare and Live Well
- Principles for a Dignified Diagnosis
- You Are Not Alone: Considerations and Resources After an Alzheimer’s Diagnosis
Memory Cafe Resources for Caregivers
Federal, State, and Local Caregiver Resources
Resources and suggestions can help you find emotional and task support as a caregiver for a parent, spouse, or child with special needs.
DailyCaring is for adult family caregivers who care for someone 50+ years of age, and people with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia.
VA Caregiver Support
Veterans Affairs has a number of services designed specifically to support you in your role as a Family Caregiver. The programs are available both in and out of your home to help you care for the Veteran you love and for yourself.
Caregiver Action Network
Information, educational materials, and support for family caregivers.
Family Caregiver Alliance
Information, education and support groups for family caregivers, including the Family Care Navigator, a state-by-state list of services and assistance.
National Alliance for Caregiving
A coalition of national organizations focused on family caregiving issues. The alliance conducts policy analysis and tracks legislation and initiatives that affect caregivers and care recipients.
National Institute on Aging
An arm of the National Institutes of Health, NIA offers extensive online information on common age-related health problems, including a section on caregiving for people with serious health issues.
Well Spouse Association
Provides support for spousal caregivers, including a national network of support groups and an online chat forum.
Florida Department of Elder Affairs
The Department provides most direct services through its Division of Statewide Community-Based Services, which works through the state’s eleven Area Agencies on Aging and local service providers to deliver essential services to a vital segment of the population.
- Activities at Home
- Adult Day Centers
- Care Options
- Caregiver Emotions
- Caregiver Stress
- Caregiver Stress Check
- Choosing an In-Home Care Provider
- Choosing a Residential Care Facility
- Companion Card
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Emergency Preparedness for Dementia Care Professionals
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Tips for Dementia Caregivers
- End-of-Life Decisions
- Hallucinations, Delusions and Paranoia
- Hospitalization and Hospital Discharge Planning
- Know a Resident's Rights in a Care Facility and When to Speak Up
- Late-Stage Care
- LGBT Caregiver Concerns
- Online Caregiver Resources
- Personal Care
- Sexuality and Intimacy
- Working With Staff in a Nursing Home or Assisted Living Facility
Alzheimer’s Today Magazine
Alzheimer’s TODAY is AFA’s magazine for caregivers of individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease and related illnesses. Each issue provides helpful information from professionals and family caregivers, personal stories from people who have been affected by Alzheimer’s, and tips on health and wellness.
Brain & Life Magazine
Brain & Life® is the only magazine focused on the intersection of neurologic disease and brain health. Brain & Life is an official publication of the American Academy of Neurology—comprised of more than 36,000 of the world’s best and brightest neurologists—and covers a range of topics including Alzheimer’s disease, and dementia, and much, much more.