A new online Parkinson’s disease study is available from The Michael J. Fox Foundation by Fox Insight. Fox Insight is an online clinical study where people with Parkinson’s disease and their loved ones share information that could transform the search for better treatments. By joining Fox Insight you can help shape the future of Parkinson’s research — but it’s going to take all of us, working together.
No one understands Parkinson’s better than those living with it every day. By working together, we can help shape the future of research. Fox Insight easily collects self-reported data about health experiences from those with and without Parkinson’s in a number of ways. Eligible individuals can help researchers gain a holistic picture of the disease by participating in a genetic sub-study.
Fox Insight Parkinson’s Disease Study
Fox Insight is an online clinical study that empowers patients, control volunteers and researchers to work together toward Parkinson’s disease breakthroughs.
The flexible study design allows participants to contribute data in a variety of ways:
- Routine health-related surveys
- Optional, add-on surveys and sub-studies including genetic testing
- Future remote data collection (e.g. wearables, keyboard tapping, biologic samples)
Fox Insight Parkinson’s Disease Participants
Fox Insight participants complete virtual study visits every 3 months, and data they contribute enables high-impact scientific collaboration toward patient-relevant outcomes.
Through online study visits (45 to 60 minutes), participants fill out a series of questionnaires to provide critical insights on:
- Physical function
- Quality of life
- Unmet Needs
- Healthcare preferences
Additional research opportunities such as add-on questionnaires and sub-studies will be integrated into the Fox Insight platform.
Fox Insight is currently enrolling anyone who:
- Is 18 years old or older
- Has a Parkinson’s diagnosis
- Is able to complete health questionnaires in English
- Has access to the internet
Over 22,000 participants are already contributing information about their experience with Parkinson’s disease (PD).
Fox Insight Sub-Study
One sub-study in Fox Insight enables patients to share valuable genetic data.
Combining genetic information with other patient insights can help researchers:
- Correlate the genetic profile with patient perspectives,
- Illuminate poorly understood or unknown aspects of Parkinson’s disease and
- Open new avenues of research toward precision medicine.
How to Participate in the PD Study
- Download (search for “HCP Studies”) Mobile App on iTunes or Google Play
- PC and laptop users, visit www.alturastudiesapp.com to access the web portal
- Register (follow simple steps)
- Gain access to Fox Insight
- Share Fox Insight with Parkinson’s Patients
PD Study App and Web Portal
- Easy to use and view study information anytime, anywhere
- Share the study instantly with patients or submit for contact by the study team
- Contact the study team with questions
- Share the study with Parkinson’s HCPs and support teams in your clinic & network
By participating in genetics research, Parkinson’s disease patients can help speed the development process toward personalized therapies that may slow or stop the disease. For more information about the study, view the PDF from The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research.