Do you suffer from post-COVID-19 syndrome, also referred to as COVID-19 Long-Haulers? Symptoms may include fatigue, shortness of breath, headaches, dizziness, trouble sleeping, and brain fog, or difficulty thinking clearly. Thousands of Americans who had a mild case of COVID-19 are battling a wide range of health problems. Evidence shows that at least one-third of people who have COVID-19 experience neurological complications.
Long-Haulers Facebook LIVE Events
Join us on Wednesdays at 12:30 EST for our Facebook LIVE events at https://www.facebook.com/FCNeurology.
Our first event will begin on Wednesday, March 31, 2021. Dr. Jeff Gelblum, Neurologist at First Choice Neurology will talk about dizziness, vertigo, and ear-ringing.
Upcoming Long-Haulers Facebook LIVE Events:
Wednesday, April 14 – Headaches
Wednesday, April 21 – TBD
Wednesday, April 28 – TBD
If you are not able to attend the LIVE event, a video will be posted on our COVID-19 Updates page.
CDC and the Long-Hauler
The CDC reports the most commonly reported COVID-19 long-term symptoms to include:
- Shortness of breath
- Joint pain
- Chest pain
Other reported COVID-19 long-term symptoms include:
- Difficulty with thinking and concentration (sometimes referred to as “brain fog”)
- Muscle pain
- Intermittent fever
- Fast-beating or pounding heart (also known as heart palpitations)
More serious COVID-19 long-term complications appear to be less common but have been reported. These have been noted to affect different organ systems in the body. These include:
- Cardiovascular: inflammation of the heart muscle
- Respiratory: lung function abnormalities
- Renal: acute kidney injury
- Dermatologic: rash, hair loss
- Neurological: smell and taste problems, sleep issues, difficulty with concentration, memory problems
- Psychiatric: depression, anxiety, changes in mood
The long-term significance of these effects is not yet known. CDC will continue an active investigation and provide updates as new data emerge, which can inform COVID-19 clinical care as well as the public health response to COVID-19.
If you are a long-hauler suffering from a neurological complication, contact a neurologist at First Choice Neurology today!